Thursday 12 April 2012

Some reference models I made





















With all the talk of "sculptural" textures and Svankmajer i decided to make some plasticine reference objects so we could have a proper look at what sculpted and carved clay would look like. I made a Thanatos head, a Nina head and a smaller Nina full body.
I used grey/white plasticine; foil/cardboard/ a plastic spoon/pen lid as bases, and used my hands and a variety of plastic modelling tools to make them. Hopefully these will be useful when it comes to modelling our characters etc in Maya/ ZBrush in terms of creating a realistic texture.
For now they serve as a form of character development and a drawing aid, I've also built a quick texture library by taking samples of close up textures from the same models.

No comments:

Post a Comment